Viv is starting a new book group for 2021 working through Marshall’s classic text ‘Nonviolent Communication – a language for life‘ – a great place to start if you are a beginner, or if you would value revisiting the basics alongside others. (If you don’t find reading easy or enjoyable, an audio version is available here).
We will meet (online during lockdown) on Mondays 5-6pm covering a chapter each week – exploring what comes up, our experiences and challenges, with chance to both practice and ask questions. We will cover all chapters in the book…
- 11th Jan: Connection, group agreements and intentions
- 18th Jan: Chapter 1 – Giving from the heart
- 25th Jan: Chapter 2 – Communication that blocks compassion
- 1st Feb: Chapter 3 – Observing without evaluating
- 8th Feb: No session
- 15th Feb: Chapter 4 – Identifying and expressing feelings
- 22nd Feb: Chapter 5 – Taking responsibility for our feelings
- 1st March: Chapter 6 – Requesting that which would enrich life
- 8th March: Chapter 7 – Receiving empathically
- 15th March: Chapter 8 – The power of empathy
- 22nd March: Chapter 9 – Connecting compassionately with ourselves
- 29th March: Chapter 10 – Expressing anger fully
- 5th April: Chapter 11 – The protective use of force
- 12th April: Chapter 12 – Liberating ourselves and counseling others
- 19th April: Chapter 13 – Expressing appreciation
The sessions are free to attend. If you enjoy the course and would like to make a contribution, there will be a way to do that. Viv would love to receive feedback as part of ongoing learning so that is another way to contribute.
Contact Viv if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.